Wednesday, January 9, 2013

A Passport to the World

It was a very important day for Kimberly and Luke.  They each got their own library card.
They were very excited this morning.  In fact they tried to wake me up at 6:30 so we would be ready to go at 9:00.  (We managed to get out the door by about 9:30.)
 
Kimberly had a little stage fright when it was time to write her name in that little white space on the card.  I just love it.  I hope she keeps it forever! A few of my big kids still have their first cards with their 6 year old signatures on them.
Luke made some wonderful choices on his own today.
Kimmy picked out three books....she has almost finished reading the Dick and Jane book.
We now have 8 people living in our home, all with a library card.  Each person can check out 30 books at a time, so in fact, we could have 240 library books to keep track of on any given day.
PATRON SAINT OF LIBRARY BOOKS PLEASE HELP ME!!

1 comment:

auntie said...

I remember my first library card. You have done a wonderful job and given them an important gift; the love of literature!